Use of Static Electricity for Label Insertion into Mould of Injection Moulding Machine
- Fully recyclable end-product
- Higher quality graphics for better promotion of your product or its contents (e.g. food packaging)
- Less costs
- Suitable for usual moulds
- Very reliable process (eliminates screen printing, label application or pad printing on a product)
The In Mould Labeling (IML) process:
- A robot or a manipulator picks-up labels from the cartridge with the use of suction.
- In dependence on the charging method, the label is charged and moved into the mould to a specific position.
- The suction is turned off and the label sticks firmly on the mould surface.
- The robot or the manipulator leaves the mould.
- The injection cycle begins.
This technology requires:
• A robot or a manipulator with a head adjusted for a specific product.
• Label cartridge.
• Simco ION electrostatic charging device, which consists of a generator, charging electrodes, cables, etc.
• Labels suitable for electrostatic charging.
Typical applications: Tanks/buckets for washing powder, lids, dishes for ice-cream or cheese, toys, garden tables, beer crates, etc.
Overview of devices for In Mould Labelling:
- CM-Lite, CMME High Voltage Generators
- Charging electrode for IML applications IML Spider
- Materials and other devices for In Mould Labeling